4.11.2010

Week 12, Recipes 1 & 2: Baked Parmesan Chicken Legs with Cous Cous

2 c. dry bread crumbs
2/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. ground oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
Salt to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 c. melted butter
12 chicken legs or thighs
 
Combine crumbs, cheese, oregano, pepper and salt and set aside. Lightly saute garlic in 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in remaining butter. Dip each piece of chicken in butter and then in bread crumb mixture. Place chicken in long shallow pan. Sprinkle remaining bread crumbs and butter over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until golden brown.   Serves 12.
 
Results: Way more butter and bread crumbs than you need.  I used 1 stick plus a tbsp. and still had some to spare with 12 drumsticks.  You can probably half the bread crumbs.  I didn't use enough salt so it wasn't as good as it will be the next time I make this.  The cheese tasted great.  I used parm and romano.  It probably could've used even more cheese... but I'm a cheese fiend.
 
Couscous with Green peas
2 c. vegetable stock 
2 c. couscous
onion powder
garlic salt with dried parsley
cumin
turmeric 
pepper

Bring vegetable stock to a boil for 5 to 10 minutes. Add couscous slowly and mix well.  Add peas and dried herbs when you add couscous to hot water.   Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 7 minutes. Stir and serve.
Recipe from Robin Miller and Cooks.com with some Jameil changes

Results: I combined these recipes & added onion powder, garlic salt with dried parsley, cumin, and turmeric.  I also used veggie stock instead of chicken stock.  In the future, I will only be using veggie stock for vegetarian-prepped dishes.  It isn't any more flavorful than water to me.

0 comments: