4.26.2011

2011, Recipe 34: Pea Puree

Recipe courtesy of Aarti Sequeira
  • 1 (32-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed in microwave about 5 minutes (or fresh cooked peas)
  • 6 sprigs fresh mint, leaves and softer stems only
  • 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
Throw all the ingredients into a food processor and whizz until smooth. Done!

Results: Ummm... I should really stop using mint in savory dishes.  I DON'T LIKE IT!!  But I took this to a dinner party and it was a hit!  It was sweeter than I expected.  I loved the tang of the yogurt.  It could've used more garlic.  And why did I make this?  Because I saw it on Top Chef!  LOLOL

2 comments:

K. Rock said...

Pea puree! Like the stolen pea puree! Yes! Did it taste worth stealing?

Looks like it should be good. The ingredients are simple enough. Curious as to what you would serve this with though.

Jameil said...

Not with that mint in it it didn't! I liked how simple it was, though. You can serve it with lamb chops.