5.03.2008

Mediterranean Chicken Crepes

I wasn't sure what I'd get at S.quare Cafe today until I was waiting for my church homie and I looked down at the specials board. And there it was. Chicken, kalamata olives, onion, capers, mushrooms and red pepper in a lemon white wine sauce wrapped in three golden crepes. Love. Love on a plate. Absolutely marvelous. Simply divine.

Afterwards we walked to this vintage store. FABBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLOUS brooches!! NEED! And a cute hat, too. But I thought they were a bit overpriced. $50 for costume jewelery and $38 for a used hat? Especially when I bought 3 hats for $12 in the parking lot across the street last summer. (Oh and since it's Derby Day, let's talk about how I have a new "need" for the new year. A fabulous Derby-esque hat and not necessarily by her, but I wouldn't complain.) Yeah right, sir. I should've haggled with him. Maybe next time. I'll have to catch him on a Tuesday morning when they're slow. It's a recession, honey. It's time for you to come up off some of that merchandise. "You can do it, you got it in you. No eggs... no baloney!!" :) One of my fave movies.

0 comments: