12.04.2009

Chai Eggnog

This recipe by Erika Lenkert was on the Everyday with Rachael Ray website.  Chai + eggnog???  I'M DOWN! 

    Snappy Chai Eggnog
  • 2 cups eggnog
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup powdered chai tea
  • 1/3 cup brandy
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 2 gingersnaps, crushed

Directions:

  1. Using an electric mixer, beat the eggnog, vanilla, chai powder and brandy.
  2. On a small plate, stir together the brown sugar and 1½ teaspoons water. Place the crushed gingersnaps on another small plate. Coat the rims of four rocks glasses with the brown-sugar syrup, then the gingersnap crumbs. Fill the glasses with the chai eggnog.

    Results:  Since it was the middle of the day, I modified this for a non-alcoholic version.  (Boring, I know.)  I warmed up the eggnog and vanilla then steeped a chai teabag.  I also omitted the second step.  DELICIOUS!!  And I will definitely be using this as an after dinner dessert Christmas day!

0 comments: