6.13.2010

Week 21, Recipe 6: Southern Scramble

When Rashan & I got to his mom's house Wednesday night, we were hungry and I wasn't sure what to eat.  But then his mom kept saying she had honey baked ham & greens.  It finally came to me that I should try a version of the restaurant Flying Biscuit's Southern Scramble.  They use turkey bacon instead of ham.

1 1/2 tbsp. butter
1 cup cooked collard greens
1 cup ham, diced
4 eggs
1 tbsp. milk
salt
pepper
Tiger sauce (or hot sauce), optional
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (plus more for sprinkling)

Warm the butter in the pan over medium high heat.  Add greens and ham to warm through.  While warming, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, milk & tiger sauce.  Pour into pan over greens and ham.  Stir to lift up cooked portions of eggs.  Cooked to desired doneness.  In the last minute, add cheddar cheese and combine with other ingredients.

Results: YUM-O!  Rashan said it was even better than the one at Flying Biscuit!  & if he said it, it must be true.  He doesn't try to snow me when something doesn't work.  YAY!!  I'd probably use a bit more tiger sauce & cheddar next time but this was great!  :)

0 comments: