1.20.2008

Mmmmm... Chipooootleeee

I'm obsessed with chipotles. Smoked jalepeno peppers. Or as I call them smoky fruit of love (c). Sigh. The heat is a bit subtler than jalepenos. The smokiness masks the heat... but only for a moment. I bought some chipotle salsa and may never go back to regular. I mean I had to STOP myself from continuing to shove chipotle salsa-slathered tortilla chips in my mouth when the fire from them was numbing the back of my throat as my eyes began to water to match the faucet my nose became. Then I had to chase it with a glass of water and a glass of cranberry juice.

*I just drank more fluids in 10 minutes than Stace has probably had all day if not the last two days. Lol.*

But it was so worth it! I'd do it again! And I probably will tomorrow. Did you know salsa is fat free? Ya Jam right! And usually cholesterol-free. Plus I count that as a vegetable. If I don't I may never eat any vegetables with any regularity. After I calmed the fire in my mouth, I still needed more. Plus I'd also bought spinach flour tortillas which smelled super fresh and were calling my name. Jameilllllll. Huh? Jaaaaameeeeiiilllll.... Whaaaa? You know you want me... Jam right I want you! Come here chipotle! Time to meet spinach tortilla. I made some ground turkey with cumin, salt, pepper, corn and black beans. Mix it with 3 tablespoons of salsa (told you I wasn't playin), rip the tortilla like the Mexicans do (that's what my Mexican friend said anyway) and go to town. And I still wanted more salsa. Don't stop til ya get enough! Jameeeiiilll

0 comments: