7.20.2007

less is more

i think it started in middle school. i mean, my ears have been pierced since i was 4 weeks old and i don't remember choosing what to adorn my lobes with but middle school strikes a fashion chord in my heart... yeah. you start getting extra conscious of everything you wear, accessories have to match perfectly and on and on. whatever the case, i started wearing silver hoops in middle school and they got bigger and bigger each year. by the time i reached my senior year at FAMU, i had thin hoops that were way too big to be bracelets (thanks aldo). it was an ordeal finding the perfect pair of hoops to start out the new school year; i didn't want the ones with a post and a back to it, i didn't want the ones that clasped closed; i wanted the ones that you snap closed, on a hinge. i always found my pair, whether diamond accented, laser cut, polished or smooth, my hoops were bomb. why hoops? i think i thought my head was too big for anything else. no drops, studs, chandeliers, nothing but my hoops.

i had a job interview a couple weeks ago. i knew my ginormous hoops would not be appro-pro so i bought some silver studs. just some balls the size of my pinkie nail. i looked... pretty. like a lady. not saying i was anything less before but just goes to show that less is more wasn't said for no reason.

7 comments:

Jameil said...

diamond studs are fab, too. way too big to be bracelets?!?! wow... not rockin the dinner plate bracelets! i LOVE chandeliers. huge earrings are very me but they can't be heavy b/c back when door knockers were in, my cousin had to have her earlobes sewn TWICE from ripping them w/the giant earrings. ew.

Adei von K said...

ew! not sexy.

wait, TWICE?? she didn't learn the 1st time??

Jameil said...

nope. it was still the late 80s, early 90s.

Anonymous said...

THATS COOL SIGN 1 OF MY BLOGS O.K. HOLLA


♥NIKAYLA♥

Anonymous said...

OH AND THAT STORY 'BOUT UR CUZIN SORRY THAT SHE HAD HER EARZ RIPPED BYE


♥NIKAYLA♥

Anonymous said...

.............................................................?????

Prophetess said...

Yes, less is more, and big dangly, bangly earrings are the worst. There are torn earlobes in the world when there should'nt even be torn earlobes in the world.