1.14.2011

Friend Friday

I decided to join other style bloggers with this Modly Chic q&a this week because I actually liked the questions... is that wrong of me to say?

1. How do you determine what you will wear that day? Sometimes my clothes yell at me to wear them.  Like the cardigan I'm wearing today.  It's been a while, it wasn't in the remix so I was yearning to wear it for oh about 29 days and I haven't adequately recovered.  But it's one of those pieces that's memorable so you can't wear it regularly.  I might wear it daily this weekend just because I feel like it.  #andsowhat  But usually when I get dressed, I think about where I'm going, what other people will be wearing and what I haven't worn in awhile that needs some daylight.

2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month,
weekend? I can rarely plan outfits in advance because I really like the experience of selecting my clothes in the morning.  It has to be a really special event for me to do that.  Sometimes I get irritated with myself for not buying things on etsy that would've been perfect for an event.  So my self-imposed Etsy frugality is sometimes the bain of my existence!

3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already
worn so you don't repeat?
Ha! Does my memory count?  I often try writing down outfits for oh about 3 days but then I forget.  I'm teaching once a week this semester so I think I'm going to try to not wear any similar outfits the entire time.  Let's see how that goes!


4. How do you discover new combination's of items in your closet? (Trial try-ons? Hanging items together?) Accident.  It was never any other way until I started reading style bloggers.  Now I sometimes try to recreate the best outfits I see with stuff in my closet.  I don't run out and buy stuff I see but I often have similar enough pieces to give things a try.  Sometimes I take them off if they don't feel like me.  But sometimes it gives me a new perspective that does feel more like me than anything else I've been doing.

5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do to cut down your dressing time? Uhhh... I can't say I really much care about this. LOL I think there are many other things I need to do more efficiently in the morning other than dressing myself!

0 comments: