3.09.2011

2011, Recipe 22: Sausage Asparagus Skillet

Recipe courtesy of The Local Cook
  • 1 lb bulk sausage
  • 1 medium onion (chopped)
  • 4 medium potatoes (chopped)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 lb asparagus (cut in 1 inch lengths)
  • 1/2 cup cheese (shredded)
1. Fry the sausage and onion together until lightly browned and drain fat.
2. Add the potatoes and water, and cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the asparagus and simmer an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Sprinkle cheese on top.

Results: I didn't love this. It tasted really bland.  I'm pretty sure it needed salt and pepper at each stage.  Garlic probably wouldn't hurt either.  The next morning I fried up two eggs to go with it and added sriracha to the hash.  Better... but I still didn't love it.

2 comments:

K. Rock said...

Yeah it does seem a little bland from the recipe. Where's the flavor. I actually thought of having this with eggs before I read that's what you did. Eggs make stuff better.

Jameil said...

Exactly. Where is the flavor???