5.26.2010

Week 19, Recipe 2: Lemon Ricotta Amaretto Pound Cake Cupcakkes

So I took this Giada recipe to make this Giada recipe for Ricotta Orange Pound Cake
This was definitely a crap shoot.  To the leftover cookie batter (at room temp), I added
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 egg (at room temp)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons Amaretto
  • Powdered sugar, for dusting
  • 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered or 3 oranges, cut into supremes
Directions: Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until golden brown & a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool.  Dust with powdered sugar. 

Meanwhile, place the strawberries (or orange supremes) in a small bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Let sit until the juices have pooled around the strawberries.
To serve, serve with a spoonful of strawberries and their juices over the top of the cake.

Results: REALLY REALLY good!!   I used cinnamon infused sugar (a cinnamon stick broken and rolled around in sugar for a few days).  I was excited this worked! :)

2 comments:

K. Rock said...

Yummo. You have been cooking up a storm lately. Your friends must be loving it.

Jameil said...

I know! I had to give up my goal of cooking three times a week to get my film done but I'M BACK!!! My friends can't get enough! Lol