11.08.2006

Chicken Saltimbocca with Farfalle and Scampi Sauce **Revised**

Hey ya'll, I know I know, it's been a minute, but I'm back in the kitchen and on the blog. Things have been crazy, but last night I didn't have gymnastics so I was able to burn in the kitchen. I was so proud of myself too. I usually take forever to make a complete meal, but last night I set a time limit. No longer than 1 hour. Mission Accomplished. My family gets on me because one of Rachel's 30 minute meals always takes me at least and hour and a half. HELLO, she doesn't have to prep her food, so of course it will take 30 minutes. Anyway let's get on to the recipe. As usual I looked up about 5 different recipes, and made up my own. FYI- saltimbocca is Italian for "jumps in the mouth."

Chicken Saltimbocca

Thin sliced chicken
Prosciutto
Shredded Cheese- Italian Blend
Flour- seasoned: garlic powder, salt, pepper, italian seasoning
EVOO ala Rachel Ray
Butter
garlic
sage (couldn't find any at three stores, so I didn't use it.)

Preheat oven to 350.

You can prepare the chicken one of two ways.

Option 1
Salt and pepper the chicken-optional. Dredge with seasoned flour, shake off excess flour. Melt butter and evoo and some garlic in a large skillet on medium heat. Place floured chicken in pan, and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan, and place in a casserole dish. ** If you have sage, place on top of chicken now. Sprinkle each piece of chicken with cheese, and a slice of prosciutto to cover both the cheese and the chicken. Put in oven for about 7 minutes.

Option 2
Or you could salt and pepper the chicken, lay flat and sprinkle with cheese, and then cover the cheese with the prosciutto. Roll up chicken and secure with a toothpick. Dredge in seasoned flour. Place in pan with melted butter and olive oil, cook until all sides are completely brown and chicken is cooked all the way through.

Serve with Pasta. I had farfalle (bowties) pasta last night with my scampi sauce.


Butter
EVOO
Garlic
Broth
White Wine- I used "3 Blind Moose" Chardonnay. Pretty bangin. I'll get to that later.
Onion- chopped
Italian seasoning
Farfalle
Vegetable options- frozen or fresh broccoli (blanched) or spinach (sans the ecoli)

Using the same skillet with the chicken drippings, add more butter and evoo to sauté onion and garlic, until translucent. I also added bits of prosciutto. Add broth and wine and italian seasonings, salt and pepper, bring to a simmer. Add veggie and stir, then add cooked pasta, making sure all pasta is covered in sauce. If you like your sauce a little thicker add some Wondra or more butter.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Jameil said...

omg i love this recipe!! that ish sounds so yummy. esp. since i had chicken saltimboca at this restaurant once and it was so yummy. mmmmmmmmmmm. damn. i seriously was like "ooooomigoooooosh" outloud. hilarious.

never knew what blanching was. just hated the word. good to know! now i'm like i can maintain that bright green color! :D also... i think its wrong to discuss evoo (on wiki) w/o mentioning rachael ray. i wouldn't have used it w/o that show!! lololol 30 min meals usually takes me abt 45.