11.16.2006

Thanksgiving

I know there are some bloggers out there not so excited for Thanksgiving this year. I don't really have an opinion about it. Thanksgiving is not my most favorite holiday, meaning I could care less about eating all day long just cuz. I don't like turkey, I really hate for my food to touch, and I don't like having that many choices all at one time. But besides that, I like the meaning of Thanksgiving. I like being around my family and extended family, sharing in the spirit of thanks and giving, and I'm thankful for everything around me.

I want to know what some of your favorite Thanksgiving foods, traditions, and/or memories are, and what are you making this year.

Here are a few of mine:

I'm making my fried chicken.

I hate real turkey, I prefer a stand alone smoked turkey breast.
I love canned cranberry sauce, its soo jiggly, I don't like the one with real berries in it.
I don't like collard greens; I'd rather eat Kale Soup.
Not a huge fan of stuffing/dressing.
I like macaroni and cheese, if its made right.
Don't really sweet potato pie, but I like sweet potatoes.
Love pound cake and gingerbread cookies.

I have a very small family, but a huge extended family. My parents are very warm, and always open their home to anyone who may not be able to travel to their family for the holidays. Thats why my extended family is so big, and it grows every year, because the people that once couldn't go see their family for the holidays have now brought their family along to celebrate with us.

4 comments:

Adei von K said...

Ashli! what do you like?? awww man, my favorite is stuffing/dressing. then again, cranberry sauce gets it... i love some ham with brown sugar glaze... and the dark meat part of the turkey! damn!! EVERYTHING! and the leftovers! ummmmm mmmm!

ooooh, apple pie. i love thanksgiving!

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

hot homemade apple pie with vanilla ice cream melting next to it!

Jameil said...

hate cranberry sauce w/berries and cornbread w/corn. i love love LOVE ham. don't like turkey unless its fried. love dressing and mac and cheese and most of all, broccoli rice casserole. that's my fave.

the joy said...

ok we try again. turkey wings, crispy, with tips. vegetarian stuffing in lieu of pork, and mema's apple pie. and from work, sweet potato soup with peppers. so good!