11.21.2006

Premium Crab Cakes

We hosted happy hour this past Friday, so my contribution was crab cakes. FYI, Lump crab meat is not cheap, so be selective of who you want to use this recipe on. Whoever it is better love the hell out of some crab. Proceed…………..

Premium Crab Cakes

1 lbs. Lump Crab Meat
½ lb. Crab Meat
¼ c chopped parsley
¾ c Ritz Crackers crushed
½ c Mayo
¾ tsp. Dijon Mustard
¾ tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
¾ tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
¾ tsp. Lemon Juice
1 egg

Combine mayo, mustard, old bay, Worcestershire, lemon juice and egg, and whisk together until well incorporate. In a separate bowl (metal or glass bowl) lightly combine crab meats, parsley, and parsley. Pour wet ingredients over crab mixture and lightly combine. Form into cakes, in any desired size. Since this was an appetizer, I used a little melon baller to scoop out. But I think this recipe can yield 6- 5oz crab cakes. To cook, you can bake, broil or fry. I pan fried mine in melted butter, until both sides were brown.

This recipe was bangin especially if you like crab cakes that are more crab than cake. I hate the ones with a lot of bread. I would also suggest serving with some kind of sauce. Mango salsa or something.

I had some leftover from happy hour, so I put them in the freezer and they’ll be making their debut again at the Thanksgiving Happy Hour tomorrow. I may add a little variation this time. I’ll let ya’ll know how it turns out.

2 comments:

Adei von K said...

i LOVE freaking crab cakes! i can't wait to try this!

Jameil said...

yummmmmmmm!! girl i'm def not missing happy hr at casa ash next time i'm in ct!!!