10.13.2006

Gala Menu

So I went to a gala this past weekend. I promised I would show ya'll the menu:

Once we arrived at the museum, we were greeted at the door with an open bar and Hors d'Ĺ“uvre: hoisin beef skewers (sounded like the guy said poison beef; really just beef on a stick with sauce); Maine lobster salad on a tiny piece of toast (which will now be referred to as a toastet); pecan crusted chicken with a Cajun remoulade (really just a Cajun mayonaise) also on a toastet; goat cheese and granny smith apple on a toastet. Everything was pretty tasty, my favorite was the lobster, and the goat cheese apple thing. Had my two vodka tonics. Guys I’m allergic to vodka. This has been going on for a while now, I just didn’t realize till someone pointed out the symptoms of being allergic to alcohol. Nothing too serious, I just get a stuffy nose every time I drink. Immediately, like within the first two sips. Of course it hasn’t stopped me from drinking.
After the cocktail hour, it was time for dinner. First course is a mixed field green salad, grilled plum tomato with a balsamic vinaigrette and a goat cheese strudel (goat cheese in puff pastry). Second course, filet mignon and grilled halibut, haricot verts (string beans), and mashed potatoes. Potatoes tasted instant. I don’t do instant. For dessert, chocolate
ganache with coconut chantilly (really a macaroon embedded in the ganache), with raspberry and mango coulis (fruit puree drizzled all over the plate) and fresh whipped cream, served with truffles, coffee and cordials. I had Bailey's in my coffee. I love love love dessert, and that was the bootiest dessert ever. I really don’t like chocolate, unless it’s a man, and I don’t really get down with coconut. Two thumbs down for that dessert.

All in all the food was alright. Glad it wasn't my $500. Pay me that much and my meal would be off the meat rack.

1 comments:

Jameil said...

yeah i was less than impressed w/that menu, too. umm... allergic to vodka?! but you and cc were the vodka queens! wow... that's so bizarre. that's like me being allergic to rum. too ironic.